1 All Wrapped Up

>> Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Cabinet painting is officially a wrap and I’m killing time puttering around this construction site of mine taking care of loose odds and ends while I wait on my countertops to be installed next week. Puttering around task #1? Paint brush cleanup.

Once I learned the trick of wrapping used paint brushes in plastic and sticking them in the refrigerator to prevent the paint from drying before second coats/touch ups the next day, I was smitten…but unfortunately when you tend to skip around from project to project like I do, you start to accumulate a fridge full of brushes in every color of the rainbow. I was in serious need of a lunch break dedicated to paint brush cleanup and paint brush clean up alone.

paint brushes_5paint brushes_1paint brushes_4

And I’m happy to report that I now have an army of sparking brushes awaiting their next task…

paint brushes_3

…but unfortunately not everyone made it out alive. Some were far too dried and shriveled up to stand a chance…but just check out those killer cabbies in the background will ya? Yowza!

paint brushes_2




clip_image002

1 comments:

Cara @ Live the Home Life February 15, 2012 at 2:45 PM  

Yep, just wrap those bad boys in a ziploc bag and fold the bag over so it is somewhat air tight. Doesn't have to be perfect but if you want to tie a rubber band around the handle of the brush, it would help too.

As for cleanup, I just used paint thinner from Sherwin Williams to clean the brushes. Some brushes were used for oil-based paint, some weren't. I let them soak in a shallow bucket for 5 minutes or so, then refilled with clean paint thinner and let them soak again.

Hope this helps!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP