2 Anniversary Recap: Guest Bedroom

>> Wednesday, February 2, 2011

This sad little space was once my guest bedroom. Can you imagine? Bone cold walls, the same filthy carpet, dreadful shades…the kind you pull down and never can get seem to get back up.

IMG_3617


The same story as the rest of the house: new paint (this time a little darker with a combo of Napery & Compatible Cream from Sherwin Williams) and those same almost-like-brand-spankin-new hardwoods.

IMG_4598


Now it’s time for the fun part. Because I’m a home nerd and make no secret of this fact, I challenged myself to deck out this room with as many rehabbed finds as possible. Many trips to the Habitat for Humanity ReStore, thrift stores and the attics & garages of friends and family ensued…to bring me this…

IMG_5803

IMG_5815

IMG_6564

IMG_5825

IMG_5811

IMG_5876

Oh my. So many rehabs, how-tos, and DIYs are scattered about this room. The type A in me craves a list…

Item Source
Bed frame Friend
Dresser Family
Mirror One of Mom’s finds
Bookshelf Arkansas Children’s Hospital…seriously
Mannequin My Gran
Frames Thrift store
Chair My Gran
Curtain rod Already had hanging around
Curtains Already had, but shortened


clip_image002

2 comments:

Allison @ Quaint Oaks February 3, 2011 at 3:54 PM  

I love this one even more! The furniture is phenomenal and I love your wall of frames. We are talking about designing a photo wall, but we are stuff on the frames. I love the idea of just using frames and skipping on the prints!

Cara @ Live the Home Life February 3, 2011 at 4:09 PM  

The frames were a super quick and easy fix (just 6 bucks) for this large wall space. Do it. Take pictures. Send my way!

Cara

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP