4 Furniture Flipping: Christie’s Bed

>> Monday, February 7, 2011

Next up in line for a furniture flip is Christie. Let’s see what’s cookin in her neck of the woods…


 

Hello from Louisiana! I am wanting to paint my 4 poster bed black. It is still the original finish from the furniture store. How do I do it? Our walls are dark brown and we have blue/brown bedding. We need new nightstands and will work on that to. I also want to add lamps that have a cleaner look... white shades, maybe silver lamps. I like Pottery Barn. Any suggestions will be gladly accepted! Thanks, Cara!


Christie_Bed2

Christie_Bed1


Oh yes. We can definitely work this one out. Here we go!…

 



image

For we Pottery Barn junkies on a budget, rehabbing furniture to get the same lovely beach-y feel is a must. Fortunately for Christie, transforming her 4 poster bed from a dated stain to chic black will be a pretty simple project.

Listen to me Christie. It’s all in the prep work. Because there is already a finish, you’ll want to give the wood a light sand (fine-medium grit sandpaper should get the job done). This step is the least fun but most important since it will give the primer a good base to stick to. Once sanded, wipe down the wood with a clean cloth to remove any grit then follow with a coat or two of good primer—I always sing the praises of Kilz. You can pick up a gallon at Lowe’s, Home Depot, Walmart…just about anywhere. It will become your new best friend.

Once you’ve given the primer plenty of time to dry, put that paint brush to work with a big bucket of black paint. For this project, a satin finish will be heavenly.

Just for your Pottery Barn-loving heart, I threw in a few of my favorites for this room. Forgive me if I’ve gone a little bird happy. 

Happy rehabbing!

clip_image002

4 comments:

Kendall Jones February 7, 2011 at 2:39 PM  

Wow, I can totally relate to this! I think we may have the same 4-poster bed in our house, and dark brown bedroom walls, too! I already have the PB dot curtains! Maybe I should consider making over my space like Christie! Hope to see the after photos.

Cara @ Live the Home Life February 7, 2011 at 2:49 PM  

How funny! I must have been channelling Kendall today. Glad you stopped by!

Cara

Marlee,  February 7, 2011 at 4:07 PM  

I love the nest pillow. I have been loving birds lately too!

Sandra,  February 8, 2011 at 8:10 AM  

The blues with the brown are so rich and gorgeous. This will look great!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP