2 Anniversary Recap: Dining Room

>> Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day two of my stroll down memory lane brings us straight to the dining room.

Note to the reader: I completely understand if you are insanely bored by my nauseating love for my house, but if you think for one second that it will keep me from reliving the past year with the love of my life, oh goodness, you could not be more wrong.

Truly one of the most haunting sights. Stained carpet, curtains so ancient they disintegrate at the touch, terribly dated brass light fixture and, oh yes, the enormous wallpaper plantation scene…

IMG_3583IMG_3588

First things first, the wallpaper had to go. There is no doubt in my mind that I would rank this wallpaper removal as one of the most frightening experiences of my life…

IMG_4260IMG_4282 IMG_4307IMG_4308 IMG_4316
Once the walls were primed and painted, the floors were next in line…

IMG_4465

IMG_4556


Finally after battling the most dreadful wallpaper decision of the 20th century, tearing through gallons of paint, uncovering hardwoods, revamping a light fixture and a smidge of decor, this dining room was in business.

imageimage
clip_image002

2 comments:

Colleen Sullivan February 2, 2011 at 10:45 AM  

My husband and I have really been enjoying your posts!

We live in an area (San Francisco Bay Area) where tons of money saved over years and years will likely only buy us a small rundown outdated home, so we find your journey inspiring.

We hope to do similar renovations to a house someday to make it our home.

www.colleenandkeith.blogspot.com

Cara @ Live the Home Life February 2, 2011 at 11:06 AM  

Colleen,

I can't wait to check out your blog! I can only imagine what real estate in San Fran must be like...dreamy and super expensive!

Glad you stopped in and come back soon!

Cara

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP