10 Tie Rack, Take Two

>> Friday, February 26, 2010

It’s always fun, and a little perplexing, to discover what previous owners leave behind once they scoot on out of dodge. Although nothing compares to Kelly’s find over at Tearing Up Houses, we’ve had our share of interesting encounters.

Take for instance this belt/tie rack that was graciously left for us in the master closet. Circa 1968, it was on its way to the trash can while I was unpacking a Ziploc bag full of jewelry…

IMG_4606 
BUT after tightening a few screws and shifting slightly to the right (my side of the closet. Eric has other plans for his bling…kidding), I was pretty happy with my new jewelry station.

IMG_4627

-Cara

10 comments:

Lisa,  February 26, 2010 at 9:48 AM  

Good idea! Looks good!

Cara Beth February 26, 2010 at 10:10 AM  

Oh my! I need one of those pronto!

Cara @ Live the Home Life February 26, 2010 at 10:15 AM  

Thanks, Lisa!

Cara Beth, it was the best find ever! Much better than the old coke bottle buried in the back of the kitchen cabinets and the pink old lady curlers in the--where else?--pink bathroom.

-Cara

Cara @ Live the Home Life February 26, 2010 at 10:16 AM  

AND if you haven't gone over to Tearing Up Houses to see what Kelly found, you must do that pronto! You won't believe what the previous owners left in her house...

-Cara

Kelly@TearingUpHouses February 26, 2010 at 10:29 AM  

i LOVE this! it looks so mechanical or something.

kelly

p.s. thanks for the mention!

Cara @ Live the Home Life February 26, 2010 at 11:46 AM  

Thanks, Kelly! It doesn't hold a candle to the big fella you discovered!

-Cara

Kim,  February 26, 2010 at 1:38 PM  

Finding new uses for old things is one of my favorite things to do. I never would have thought of jewelry for this one but good choice!

Ruthie,  February 26, 2010 at 3:17 PM  

Smart girl!!! Nice work.

Allie M,  February 26, 2010 at 7:04 PM  

Random question. What perfume is that with the gold top? I think my friend had the same one and I love it but cannot for the life of me remember the name. Thanks!

Cara @ Live the Home Life February 27, 2010 at 2:58 PM  

Hi, Allie M! Never fear. I love random questions!...and have been known to ask quite a few myself.

The perfume is Tous Touch. I hadn't heard of it before but the perfume lady suggested it to me and I love it!

-Cara

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP