8 A Little Wilkerson Dialogue

>> Friday, February 26, 2010

More from the fun house…


Eric: (Groan) I can’t believe how much more we have to do around this place. I really didn’t think we had that much stuff.  I. Do. Not. Want. To. Move. Again. EVER

Cara: Yeah, right. You know good and well we will want to move again in a year or so.



Eric: No this time I mean it. No more moving.

Cara: (Deep in thought/Eric knows something strange is about to come out of my mouth) I think moving is like childbirth for us.

Eric: (Blank stare—I lost him at childbirth)

Cara: You know how Moms always say that the reason they have more than just one little nugget is because once you hold the little guy you forget about how frighteningly awful the experience was…

Eric: (Blank stare continues…)

Cara: Moving is our childbirth. (Proud of myself for such a brilliant analogy)

Eric: …

Cara: Now be sure and save those boxes since we will be moving again next year.


-Cara

8 comments:

Cara @ Live the Home Life February 26, 2010 at 11:41 AM  

Jonnie, funny but true! We always say that we are never moving again after we get settled, but how easily we forget. Seeing dozens of beautiful homes each week for work doesn't exactly help either.

-Cara

Kim,  February 26, 2010 at 1:42 PM  

So funny! Maybe that it why I just have one child. I remember the way it felt!

Kim,  February 26, 2010 at 1:43 PM  

Whoops! I really meant to say "is" but my fingers liked "it" instead.

Cara @ Live the Home Life February 26, 2010 at 3:21 PM  

Cara Beth, you know it's true! You moved pretty recently, so you feel my pain. Imagine if you were forced to look at beautiful house after beautiful house (with, let's be honest here, a few ugly ones thrown in). The Buies would be on the move!

-Cara

P.S. Thanks for the thoughtful email yesterday. I'm liking your ideas!

Joelle,  February 26, 2010 at 7:00 PM  

I am laughing so hard right now!!! My husband looked at me like I was super crazy. Thanks for making me smile :)

Whitney,  February 27, 2010 at 9:40 AM  

You are cracking me up!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP