6 A Cautious Color-er

>> Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The “I told you so” score board: Cara-0   Eric-1

Eric and I usually don’t hold a grudge (for too long) nor do we like to wag the I-told-you-so finger in each others faces, but I have to give credit when due. Eric told me so…and saved us much frustration. I’ll explain.

You see, out the two of us, Eric is the definitely the bigger instant gratification junkie. No waiting needed. He’s the it-should-have-been-done-yesterday kind of fellow.

Imagine my surprise when, after we picked out paint colors for the entire house, Eric insisted we try out a few sample swipes first, just to be sure….What? No. We both like these colors. Let’s just buy them and go to town…No, Cara. I really think we should try a few different samples first…Eric, can’t we just pretend that we did and just get crackin’?



IMG_4262
E-Dub won and thank the high heavens for that. The “creamy neutrals” we were going for actually turned out to be an unexpected shade of yellow & orange.

Follow the arrow to the new color for the living spaces: Napery by Sherwin Williams

IMG_4256 

…and bedroom color: Compatible Cream by Sherwin Williams

IMG_4257


-Cara

6 comments:

Trish,  February 3, 2010 at 8:09 AM  

Good choices! One time I didn't try samples and I painted the entire room before I realized that I absolutely hated the color. It was an awful shade of blue that was supposed to be gray.

Cara @ Live the Home Life February 3, 2010 at 9:20 AM  

A similar paint catastrophe happened to us a few years back. A room turned out way more yellow than we hoped. You think I would have learned my lesson this time around. Good thing Eric did!

-Cara

Paula,  February 3, 2010 at 2:10 PM  

I like the light colors!

Cara @ Live the Home Life February 4, 2010 at 8:22 AM  

Thanks, Paula. We are glad to have finally decided on colors and cannot wait to have the walls finished. We'll be up to our elbows in paint over the next couple of weeks!

-Eric

Rambles with Reese February 5, 2010 at 6:09 AM  

You guys have no idea how lucky you are...imagine my surprize when I was looking for paint in Italy to paint one of our rooms and realized that they don't have sample pots. You have to jump right in and pick your colour. It's hit or miss here.

Thank goodness, I won the last "paint toss" with my husband. :-)))

Cara @ Live the Home Life February 5, 2010 at 8:59 AM  

Oh, but Reese, what I wouldn't trade with you to be in Italy. I have a few extra paint samples around with your name on them if you want to switch with us and move to Little Rock...

-Cara

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP