0 No, you haven’t come to the wrong blog…

>> Thursday, August 16, 2012

This is not a foodie blog. I love food and I love blogging, but the two do not mix well in my world. Maybe it’s because I love food when other people cook it. It’s not that I can’t cook. I can follow a recipe and am no stranger to Pinterest food boards. It’s just that cooking is not my most favorite activity of choice…until I get a hankering for this concoction…

Photo Aug 15, 6 47 50 PM

This pile of pesto-y pasta-y mushroom-y tomato-y goodness is the type of meal that hits me in the middle of a long work day or while I’m knee deep in a home project. I’ve never made it for anyone else, as I find it most appreciated by myself in PJs while watching Bravo and sipping on a glass of wine. I kind of feel like I’m having a dear diary moment telling you about this guilty pleasure of mine.

There is no recipe for this dish. It’s really just something I threw together one day and dream about when I’m feeling carb deprived, but I’ll break it down the best I can.

Ingredients

Pasta…I like whole wheat penne but whatever floats your boat is fine
Basil pesto…I use store bought but of course the thought of homemade is heaven


Mushrooms, sliced…I usually just use plain old white mushrooms but the baby bellas are good too.
Cherry tomatoes, halved
Olive oil
Sea salt
Feta cheese

Warning: there are absolutely zero measurements in this recipe—I kind of feel guilty even calling it a recipe.

Heat a couple tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet and add mushroom and tomatoes. Sprinkle with a little sea salt and stir them around for a bit until they look cooked (you know, mushrooms kind of squishy, tomatoes good and prune-y). While the mushrooms and tomatoes are dying a slow death, boil your water and cook your pasta. By the time the pasta is ready and drained the mushrooms and tomatoes will be ready.

In the pot you cooked the pasta, add pesto, mushrooms, tomatoes and feta to the drained pasta. Stir so that the pesto coats everything.

Eat.


Get seconds.

Thank me when you wake from your carb induced coma…and if you don’t like it, don’t let me know about it. This is my happy place.


Cara Signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP