3 Duct Tape Madness

>> Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Yesterday I was talking with my friend and co-worker, Jaime, who is the mother of two girls. Because I have no children of my own and am now officially on my last few hours in my mid-twenties, I am completely out of the loop as to what the “in” thing is on elementary school playgrounds. Jaime, however, has got the scoop and the scoop is duct tape. Duct tape wallets. Duct tape bracelets. Duct tape necklaces. Seriously? I would have been way cooler in my younger years is this DIY staple had been fashionable back in my days in the lunch line. Instead my friends and I were obsessing over toothbrush bracelets…if you understand what I am talking about, you are loving that I brought that little tidbit of nostalgia into your day. If you have no clue what I am talking about, you are probably highly confused and frankly a little grossed out.


Fortunately for me, duct tape is not only making a splash on the playground but with so many fun colors and prints nowadays, duct tape is not just for—well—ducts. Check out these two fab DIY projects that got duct tape in on the action…

Like this table with under glass stripes…

image

…and (drum roll please) diamond accent wall with white duct tape…

image

Amazing.


Cara Signature

image sources: 1 | 2 | 3

3 comments:

Suzy August 28, 2012 at 12:39 PM  

Too bad duct tape peels off dry wall when you go to take it off. Personal experience. Not worth it. Worth it to go ahead and tape off the design and paint it. Furniture rehab, sure. Wall decor, don't do it.

Cara @ Live the Home Life August 28, 2012 at 12:51 PM  

Good point, Suzy! I know some remove stubborn wallpaper with the help of a steamer to melt the adhesive. I'm wondering if the same trick would help remove the tape and spare the drywall.

Cara

albina N muro January 5, 2015 at 3:10 AM  

SWAMP COOLER TECH Installation Recommendations for the Homeowner or Do-It-Yourselfer. Shown above is a typical residential swamp cooler configuration. duct cooler price in india

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP