1 Sneak Peek: Microwave Hangin’ & After Pic Snoopin’

>> Monday, April 9, 2012

Finally over an awful stomach bug that took over way too much of my life last week, it was back to work in the construction site this weekend. With quite a few to-do items still hanging around on the kitchen punch list, there was no shortage of projects. First up, it was finally time to hang that microwave of mine. It had been sitting by idly for much too long.

Appliances_2

There is no real secret as to how to mount a microwave. The instructions come right in the box and were actually pretty simple to follow—at least the microwave I bought was simple to mount and I knocked it out within an hour. The real kicker was in the tools needed to mount it. With different drill bits needed depending on where the studs are in your wall, I was jumping up and down for joy that I had one heck of a collection of drill bits already on hand. Otherwise, I would have been running back and forth to the hardware store just to get everything I needed to finish this project.

 



Last Christmas, my brother gave me a Black & Decker power drill set that I use more than any other tool set I have. Hands down, best DIY present ever and I’d recommend to anyone…by the way, you don’t have to have a Black & Decker power drill to take advantage of all the bells and whistles this happy family of drill bits dishes up. I have a Milwaukee drill and it runs smooth as butter. 

Microwave_11Microwave_10Microwave_9Microwave_1

Ok. Back to the micro install. Like I said, I don’t have much DIY advice to offer other than to just follow the directions and arm yourself with the right tools.

Following the directions, I drilled the correct size holes to mount the bracket that would support the microwave…

Microwave_6

Then, I used this bad boy to drill a hole through the cabinet base for the microwave power cord to access the outlet in the cabinet above…

Microwave_4Microwave_7Microwave_3

Ooooooohhhhhhh yeah. Moving right along.

Microwave_5Microwave_2


Wanna know something fab? Phase 2 of my kitchen/laundry room remodel is officially a wrap! That means my actual kitchen is finished. Done. I’m not sharing the after photos just yet but how about a smidge of a sneak peek…

Kitchen after_1 (2)

I mean really? Maybe it’s just me, but this is true love. 


clip_image002

1 comments:

Richard C. Lambert March 4, 2019 at 4:33 AM  

Merely a smiling visitant here to share the love (:, btw outstanding style. sabaideereview.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP