4 Before & After: Dining Table

>> Tuesday, December 27, 2011

When I stumbled upon this find a few weeks ago, I knew for less than its $20 price tag, this junker of a dining table could be rehabbed into something fabulous.

Table_before

So home with me it came. After disassembling the base from the table top, the legs were treated to a coat of oil-based primer and two coats of white paint.

Table_1Table_13

The second step of this rehab moved me outdoors where the table top was sanded and stained a dark walnut. Lucky for me, I had a barely used can of stain leftover from my master bathroom vanity that was perfect for this project.

Table_8

Table_9

Table_6


After several coats of stain, and plenty of time in between each for drying, the table was reassembled and checked off of the DIY to-do list.

Table_14Table_18Table_20

True confession: I have absolutely no room in my house for this table and it’s breaking my little furniture flipping heart. There just has to be an empty corner somewhere…

clip_image002

4 comments:

Leigh Ann,  December 28, 2011 at 9:16 AM  

You should get a booth some where and sell your stuff! That table is great.

Cara @ Live the Home Life December 28, 2011 at 10:26 AM  

Thanks, Leigh Ann! I may have to do just that. I'm completely out of space in my house but I still have to feed this furniture flipping addiction of mine.

Cara

justin January 30, 2012 at 11:42 PM  

Radiator Cabinets

This is one of the best content that I’ve ever seen; you may involve some more thoughts in the same style about Vintage Fixtures Room Selections . I’m still awaiting some exciting thoughts from your aspect in your next publish.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP