0 Table Talk: Perfectly Prepped

>> Thursday, December 15, 2011

When it comes to rehabbing a piece of furniture that will see a lot of wear and tear, like my rehab-in-progress below, prep work is essential to keep your furniture flip in tip top shape. Let’s talk about a few tips and tricks I use for making sure my rehabs are perfectly prepped.

Table_before

Because I prefer to do my rehabs indoors in front of the latest episode of Bravo’s Real Housewives, I keep scrap wood on hand to prop up the legs so that every square inch is painted and a handful of old towels to catch any drips.

Table_1

The master plan is to paint the base of the table a clean white, but in order for the paint to stick, I first needed a solid coat of primer. After a quick wipe down to remove any dust and dirt, it was time to prime. I keep a can a Kilz odorless oil-based primer on hand at all times. If you’ve ever encountered oil-based paint in a confined space, you’ll know that odorless is your sniffer’s best friend.

Table_2Table_3Table_4

Primed and drying, my primer covered paintbrush goes back where it belongs to keep from drying out between coats…in the fridge underneath leftovers.

Table_5

clip_image002

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP