4 Karma Loves Stalkers

>> Wednesday, September 7, 2011

We all know I love a good magazine hoard. One quick run through my house would tell you that. We’ve discussed this. For inspiration, decoration…they are everywhere. As a result a good 95% of the magazines in my house have sporadic corners turned down to remind me that, at one point in time, I probably became really excited about something on that page and need to relive the experience when I come back later to re-stalk that page. True, 85% of the time, I don’t remember what that something that excited me was, but that’s a moot point.

You see, something magical happens around these parts when the DIY stars align and not only do I find magazine inspiration that I have to have in my own casa, but when I already have the materials to make it? I lose my mind with excitement.

Fortunately, a few months back, I pilfered a pile of old fence wood from the side of the road…

IMG_8533

I thought up a number of ideas for making this hunk of decrepit lumber into something fabulous, but nothing felt quite right…until now.


After years of flagging pages and collecting needless junk in need of rehab, karma threw a bone my way in the form of page 74 of the July/August Traditional Home magazine…

photo

photo

It’s happening and I have the rotting fence wood to make it happen.


clip_image002

4 comments:

Shelly,  September 7, 2011 at 12:24 PM  

Fun! That will look awesome!

Cara @ Live the Home Life September 7, 2011 at 3:41 PM  

Shelly, I just about fell out of my chair when I saw this. Meant to be. Fingers crossed mine will look half as good!

Cara

Jenny September 7, 2011 at 6:57 PM  

I love the ideas in that room...even posted about it myself last week. I can't wait to see how your project turns out!

Cara @ Live the Home Life September 8, 2011 at 9:25 AM  

I can't get enough! It's just fabulous.

Cara

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP