5 I Get It From My Momma…

>> Thursday, September 8, 2011

While I rant and rave and thank my biological mother every day of the week for passing her DIY genes my way, this post is about another momma of mine…previously mentioned biological mother is surely confused at this point. I have some explaining to do.

Cara Bday_4There is nothing I love more than texts/emails/facebook messages/phone calls from friends, family, clients and strangers alike picking my furniture flipping brain. But when one of my best pals, and Delta Delta Delta pledge mom, Erin (cue the “Ahhhh. Gotcha.” from bio mom) sent me her before and after pics of a project she’d been working on, I was over the moon. Not only do I love seeing my friends join me on the thrifty, DIY side of life, but Erin’s table also proves another point I enjoy drilling into the brains of those unfortunate enough to throw the but-I-just-don’t-think-I-can-do-it card my way: A little paint goes a long way.

Let’s take a look at Erin’s table before. With chipping paint and a few birdie deposits on the corner, there is definite room for improvement…

100_6824

A quick sand and a coat of primer…

100_6827

…followed with a turquoise base coat dry brushed with a pale ivory-yellowish hue and Erin’s old-made-new table is up and running in no time!

DSCN0112

Great job, Mom! A fabulous addition to your outdoor space for practically nothing. I’m coming over. What’s for dinner?

clip_image002

Have a before & after you are dying to share? I’m just itching to see! Click here to email me your fabulous creation.

5 comments:

Adrienne,  September 8, 2011 at 4:17 PM  

My mom has a table that looks just like that. Maybe I should help her paint it.

Jo,  September 9, 2011 at 1:02 PM  

Hummmm, I wonder where Erin got her DYI skills?
Erin's Mom(biological)

Cara Patterson Robison,  September 15, 2011 at 11:09 PM  

Well, I think she gets it from her sister!! ;)
(the biological & sorority, that is)

Cara @ Live the Home Life September 16, 2011 at 8:43 AM  

Haha! Jo & Cara, you two will have to duke that one out yourselves :)

Cara

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP