3 Every Dog has its Beauty Day

>> Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Every now and then June talks to me. Normally a freakishly quiet pup, this nugget has been known to alert me when she deems it to be bedtime or that there is prime squirrel meat prancing around the backyard, but when she came and sat next to me with sad eyes as I was cranking away on my latest chair rehab, I knew her needs were not being met. Food? Check. Water? Check. Chipmunks to harass in the backyard? None in sight.

As June stared at me through overgrown eyebrows, it hit me. This canine companion of mine was looking more than a little raggedy. Even gremlins need a little cosmetic maintenance every now and then. 

image



Alright, friends. Let’s be honest with ourselves. My little June’s no beauty queen, so the puppy spa was out of the question, and since I’m fairly confident there are no American Kennel Club guidelines for trimming a schnauzer/terrier mix from the Magnolia Animal Shelter, I felt pretty good about winging this one DIY-style.

image

Not bad! Next time around, I think we’ll definitely step it up a notch and etch a few shapes into her coat. I feel really good about a lightening bolt.

clip_image002

3 comments:

Allie,  April 19, 2011 at 5:08 PM  

I love when you post about June. She is so cute!

Unknown April 19, 2011 at 5:43 PM  

Yeah Junie bug! You did good! I guess she wasn't a squirmy one?

Cara @ Live the Home Life April 19, 2011 at 10:25 PM  

Allie, I agree!...but perhaps I'm a bit partial.

Jamie, my June Bug is excellent at staying super still. Especially when forced into uncomfortable situations such as hair cuts and full body Halloween costumes.

Cara

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP