1 DIY: A Tree for Baby Evan

>> Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Rachel’s do-it-yourself tree decor for her little bun in the oven, Evan, is just about one of the cutest projects I’ve seen in a while. A super simple DIY weekend project, a big thanks to my sister for sending her buddy Rachel’s how-to pics my way.

Baby Tree_final
The finished product above, let’s discuss how you can whip up one of these bad boys for your little one.

First, Rachel sketched the outline for her tree on a piece of plywood and used a jig saw to cut her shape.

Baby Tree_1
Using the same sketch and cut method, leaves were created from the leftover scraps of wood…

Baby Tree_2
Rachel then covered the leaves with an assortment of fun fabrics…

Baby Tree_3
Once the trunk was painted and leaves assembled, baby Evan’s tree was ready to hang in his nursery. So cute, right?

Baby Tree_final

Great job, Rachel!.Let’s be honest. I’m dying over how stinkin’ adorable the little bird is perched on the top branch.

clip_image002

1 comments:

Dehlia,  April 26, 2011 at 9:38 PM  

That is so amazing! It looks like it would be pretty easy to do. My sister is having a baby in two months and maybe I'll make one for my nephew's room. Thank you for posting this cute project!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP