4 Wall Art Knock Off

>> Monday, November 15, 2010

Always on the hunt for wall art to warm up a few bare spaces of my own, I was thrilled to recently discover this duo while flipping through the pages of one of my favorite home magazines. A perfect pair oozing DIY potential…

IMG_7807

…so I tucked them away in my trusty binder of ideas (and inspiration station of sorts) and carried on with my home-loving ways.

Inspiration organization_1

Until these guys fell into my lap during a recent thrifting adventure. Gold frames complete with 2” white mats and hideous sea shells prints? I smell potential at $4.00 a pop.

IMG_7801

IMG_7802 IMG_7803


The shell prints easily slipped out of their frames and when flipped over, made the perfect canvas for my wall art knock-offs…

IMG_7805 IMG_7806


A little black paint and a few not-so-perfect circles…

IMG_7809
Reframed and hanging gloriously in my master bedroom…

IMG_7818 IMG_7814

IMG_7825 


At just $8.00 start to finish, this knock off was a super simple (and super budget friendly!)Saturday project.

image 


clip_image002

4 comments:

Jen,  November 15, 2010 at 8:49 AM  

You are a master copy cat! Your version looks just like the original. Very cute!

Diana,  November 15, 2010 at 8:58 AM  

Genious! and it looks pretty easy-maybe I could even do this one! :)

Cara @ Live the Home Life November 15, 2010 at 1:35 PM  

Thanks, Jen!

Diana, it was super simple. I know you can knock this one out in no time!

Cara

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP