2 Furniture Flipping: Kristen’s Side Table

>> Thursday, November 4, 2010


 

Hi Cara!



I comment randomly on your blog and visit every day because I love your style!

Once upon a time, I saved two awesome nightstands from being tossed. My
husband and I have been using them happily for a few years and they're
great, durable pieces. The problem is, I hate the color of the wood. I
don't know enough about furniture to even tell you properly what they're
made of. I want to paint them a different color, but don't know where to
start or even if I can paint over them.

 

 



I was thinking I would eventually like them to be black - we have a black pug and if we did them white, all we'd ever see would be fur!



Thanks so much for any advice!

Kristen


Let’s check out Kristen’s before shot…

image
A solid piece of furniture with plenty of much needed storage, but I can definitely see why Kristen isn’t head over heels in love with this piece. Luckily, it’s nothing the Rehabilitation Station can’t fix!

On to the game plan…

image

1. Kristen mentioned that she was leaning towards black for these tables (you can’t go wrong there!) but just for kicks I’d be curious to see how the tables would look in a not white, not cream, but more of a subtle pale grey with a dash of green.

2. These custom drawer pulls have been haunting me ever since I stumbled upon them during a little Etsy window shopping spree. You can bet that one or two (or ten!) will be making an appearance in an upcoming furniture flip of my own.

3. Top off with a few accessories for the cozy built-in nook and we’re in business! Add more storage with a basket or neatly stack a few of your favorite coffee table books.

clip_image002

2 comments:

Shannon,  November 4, 2010 at 2:06 PM  

Love the knobs!

Kristen,  November 8, 2010 at 6:20 AM  

Thanks, Cara! I will be sure to send you pictures when I rehab these. I love the knobs and am definitely going to look into them.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP