2 Reader Redo: Lynne’s Curtain Rings

>> Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I just love when LTHL readers chime in with their own craftiness. A big thanks to Lynne for sending her clever (and frankly, dirt cheap) idea for DIY curtain rings my way. The only thing I love more than a DIY is an inexpensive DIY. Check it out…

 

A very good friend told me about your blog and I have been a faithful (silent) follower for a few months.  I love the things you do and

I wanted to share my idea for low-cost drapery rings…(Aww, gee. Thanks, Lynne.)

I am always picking up drapes at estate sales and thrift stores thinking I can rework them for my home.  Recently I found a wonderful pair of drapes for just $16. A friend gave me several wooden rods with mounting hardware…but no rings.  All in all, I needed 40 rings, which would have run me over $40 if I ran out to buy them at the store.  I knew there had to be a way to make the rings. 

I found an upholster who was willing to give me a couple of upholstery tubes, then coated them with two coats of shellac to prepare them for cutting. Using a saw, I cut the tubes into uniform pieces, then coated the inside of the rings with two coats of shellac.  Finally, I sprayed the rings with spray paint.  Once dry, I installed tiny eye hooks in the rings and hung the panels using the pins that were included with the drapes.  The rings have held up very well and I open and close the drapes every day.

I am very happy with the results and h

ope others will try this easy do-it-yourself project!


Tubes_Rings_1 W_Bedroom
Living_Room_1

Genius! Some people are just so stinkin’ creative and Lynne is definitely one of them. Thanks for the inspiration, Lynne and great work!

Have a DIY or before & after you’re dying to share? I want to see it! Click here to email me what you’ve been up to.

clip_image002

2 comments:

Angela,  March 7, 2012 at 2:39 PM  

What a clever idea!

Kathy from Castlegar December 23, 2012 at 6:59 PM  

It's December 23rd, 2012. How are the curtain hooks doing? I'm wondering if the eye hooks stayed in. This is a great idea and the rings look really opulent.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP