0 Back in the Reno Swing of Things

>> Wednesday, March 14, 2012


First order of business: The LTHL laptop is in the hospital. Stinkin' viruses.

Second order of business: The reno show must go on! Now that I am back from my Miami adventure visiting Costa Farms, it's back to the kitchen for me and high time that back splash project gets underway. Like any project, there was a little prep work that had to be done before the actual tiling can take place.

Over the past couple of weeks, slowly but surely, clutter began to find its way to my kitchen countertops. A coffee pot here, a few girl scout cookie boxes there...



After everything was removed from the counters, it was finally time to remove the last lingering bit of pink laminate from my kitchen. Note: I just grabbed whichever tools were handy and started ripping it from the wall...looking back maybe this wasn't such a great idea but it seemed to work out alright this time.


The trim from under the window had to be removed (just a few pops with the hammer)...


Now I'm just waiting for a friendly electrician to come out and knock out a few items on the punch list...add another switch for the garbage disposal, add an outlet for my microwave...



...then project back splash will be in full swing. Finally.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP