3 Going Green: Baby Steps

>> Thursday, March 15, 2012

After my trip to Costa Farms in Miami last week--Missed that adventure? Click here to play catch up--my inner green thumb, buried way down deep in my DIY soul under mounds of paint cans and sheetrock dust, started itching to come out. But let's be honest, I'll never be a master gardener and baby steps are definitely in order. So what better way to start than with a seed planting kit made especially for those still worrying about report cards and making sure no one steals their chocolate milk in the lunch room.

It's is pretty cute how my garden was taco themed, including tomato, cilantro, jalepeno and lettuce seeds.


Self watering tray? I like the looks of this...


Because we are friends, I'll be honest with you and admit that I mainly wanted to kick off this experiment so that I could use my cute watering can/plant sprayer.


True confession: I ditched the lettuce seeds and opted to double up on tomatoes instead...


While I'm hopeful to have a few sprouts in the near future, I did notice a squirrel eyeballing my creation. Maybe he'll take a bite out of a jalapeno seed. Serves him right.




3 comments:

Stacey March 15, 2012 at 1:36 PM  

My daughter loves her Growums! It's a great way to get the kids out in the garden.

Barbara Pilcher March 16, 2012 at 8:01 AM  

You've put yourself out there, so now we'll expect horticultural updates. (No pressure!) Remember, you can always buy the plants already started to get a jump on things and make it easy on yourself. You still get points for green thumbing.

Cara @ Live the Home Life March 16, 2012 at 9:08 AM  

I know! You guys will keep me horticulturally accountable for my gardening adventures. :)

The growums were so stinkin' cute, I just had to give them a try. I'll keep you posted!

Cara

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP