0 Happy Thanksgiving!

>> Wednesday, November 23, 2011

With so many things to be thankful for, I am super excited to roll on into Thanksgiving this year, so I’m going to take today’s blog post to ramble a bit about just what those things are…in other words, this is one of those self-indulgent posts that no one really reads, so go ahead and get back to baking pumpkin pies for the fam...

My job. Waking up everyday to do what you love is truly priceless. It’s true I’m slightly house obsessed, so the world of real estate is definitely the right place for me, but being able to write about all things home (and be taken somewhat seriously as a semi-expert on the topic) is quite the honor.

My house. Much more than a roof over my head, I’m so thankful for the creative outlet that comes with destroying and recreating my own space….and, let’s be honest, the tax write off doesn’t hurt either.

My nieces and nephews…that I don’t have yet but fully expect in the near future…hint, hint sister. 

Holiday commercials. The Campbell’s Soup snowman that melts into the little boy? The long lost sibling that sneaks in before the family is up and wakes them with the smell of a fresh pot of Folgers? Gets me every time.




Target. Like an abusive boyfriend who asks to borrow $5 and takes $50 instead, a Target trip definitely breaks the bank but I keep coming back for more. You just can’t beat a one-stop shop for toothpaste and curtain panels.


Family. What would LTHL Dialogue be without them?…especially Gran. In fact, since we’re feeling so thankful, let’s revisit a personal favorite of mine from Granimal…

 

At the closing table, as Gran was about to sign the final papers to close on her house last fall…

Cara: Gran, aren’t you so excited to have your house sold?

Gran: Oh yes. I am sooooo thankful for that, and I’m thankful to you, and your mom, and your dad, and your Uncle Russell, and everyone for all they do for your dear old Gran.

Cara: Aww, Gran. That is so nice. We are thankful for all that you have done for us over the years, too.

Gran: Well, you should be. If it weren’t for me, you wouldn’t be here. Never existed.



Friends. Who hold your hand through the rough patches and cheer you on through the good times. I have lots of these. Way more than one girl deserves.

LTHL readers. I’d be here even if you didn’t show up to check in on my life, but it’s way more fun to have you all join in on the craziness.

…and of course…

My June Bug. What I lucky girl I am to be the mother of the sweetest little bearded gremlin who sleeps through the sounds of power sanders and knows how to maneuver her puppy paws around open cans of paint.

June_09212011_2

Happy Thanksgiving, y’all…and go Hogs!


clip_image002

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP