3 Something To Talk About

>> Monday, May 23, 2011

You need to know that I have the most amazing sister on the planet. Not only does she put up with an insane amount of pestering from her little sister (ahem, me) on this very blog and in other life circumstances, but she is also game for super last minute tropical getaways. By far her best quality.

This past weekend Jessica and I jetted off to sunny Cozumel, Mexico for a few much needed days of fun in the sun…or partial sun for the fair skinned gringos that we are.


IMG_8881_cropped

IMG_8875


At this point, mid-blog post, you may be thinking that I’m sharing slightly sunburned, no makeup pics of my sister and I to make you jealous of our recent getaway, and you could not be more correct, but there is more to this story. I have something that will make you far more jealous than sandy beaches and fruity cocktails ever could.

Set the scene: On our last night in paradise, I was sleepily scrubbing the last traces of the day’s SPF from my face in the bathroom when I heard an awful shriek. This was not an unfamiliar shriek, mind you, as I’ve become accustomed to hear such noises arise from my sister’s tiny little body, so as I opened the door from the bathroom, I fully expected to find Jessica huddled on one corner of the bed pointing to a terrifyingly large Mexican stick insect.

The huddled-in-the-corner-of-the-bed-pointing part was most definitely true…what she was pointing at however…was this…

IMG_8899 


Late-night Mexican television at its finest…



Let it also be said that after the commercial break, the host brought out what could only be one of Mexico’s most popular b-movie/soap stars, ripped open his shirt and started dancing around him while silver confetti soared through the air.



After experiencing Programa Laura in action, Oprah better bring it on that final show of hers.
 

clip_image002

3 comments:

Ashley,  May 23, 2011 at 1:25 PM  

Wow that is freaky! Glad you had a good trip.

Sammy,  May 23, 2011 at 2:34 PM  

AHHHH! That would make me shriek too! Loud!

Meredith May 24, 2011 at 4:48 PM  

That video may or may not have just caused a severe laugh-attack which resulted in me having to take a pain pill. I blame it all on Vampire-Lip Spiked-Laura.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP