3 In the Bag

>> Thursday, January 27, 2011

I could carry on for days about all that I love about this house-o-mine, but one tidbit I’m especially fond of is my closet. As a lifetime resident of older homes, I can appreciate good closet space when I see it and I consider myself one lucky girl to have this space all to myself.

IMG_8187
Allow me to elaborate.

Double racks that enable me to hang on to certain clothing items long past their fashionable expiration date…

IMG_8189

IMG_8190


Shoe rack for, well, shoes…and more shoes…

IMG_8193

IMG_8195


…and most importantly, this unidentifiable-contraption-turned-jewelry-rack left behind by the previous owner…

IMG_8199

IMG_8202

IMG_8201


While all is fabulous, there is one tiny little detail that’s been haunting me ever since I moved in…this hot mess of a top shelf…

image  
2.5 feet of completely wasted space. Time to nip this one in the bud. After a quick trip to Bed, Bath & Beyond and a solid half hour of attempting to free a few stainless hooks from their packaging, I was ready to organize…

IMG_8198 IMG_8213

…and organize I did.

IMG_8217

IMG_8218

IMG_8220

So. Much. Better…and should my 5’9 wingspan fail me while attempting to retrieve a handbag, I know just where to find a stiletto or two to give me a boost.

clip_image002

3 comments:

Alicia January 27, 2011 at 11:21 AM  

Wow---that's just perfect. I think you should be available to hire for in-home consults. :)

Comeca Jones January 27, 2011 at 2:21 PM  

Doesn't it just make you feel so satisfied!?Love it!

Alycia Wicker January 30, 2011 at 9:52 AM  

Great idea! Why didn't I think of that?

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP