2 La Buena Vida

>> Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Put me near a plane, train or automobile and I am down for zipping off to just about anywhere they will take me, but Mexico is my jam. When I close my eyes after a loooong day and pray to open them to find myself in the middle of my own little heaven on earth, La Buena Vida in Akumal, Mexico is the place I would land. If you ever find yourself in Akumal, swing by this little beach bar and see what I mean…

IMG_5344IMG_5765IMG_5766IMG_5756IMG_5763IMG_5352IMG_5760IMG_5334

La Buena Vida is not a new discovery for me since this was my 5th visit to Akumal, but one of my biggest thrills of the trip was seeing how much my beach bum boyfriend also loved this sandy Mecca for other gringos like me craving a cold drink and the sound of waves rocking them into total relaxation.

Mark my words. My ashes will be smuggled into the country and scattered here even if it means depositing them slowly via a Tim Robbins/Andy Dufresne hole-in-the-pocket maneuver a la Shawshank Redemption.


Cara Signature

2 comments:

Nic October 1, 2012 at 4:56 PM  

Haven't heard of Akumal before, but it sounds wondering.. I'll have to check it out next time we're headed down to Mexico!

Cara @ Live the Home Life October 1, 2012 at 5:36 PM  

Akumal is amazing! It's about an hour's drive south of Cancun. You'll have to give it a try!

Cara

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP