1 Who’s the lucky birthday girl? It’s me!

>> Monday, September 14, 2009

Thank you to all of my wonderful friends and family for making my birthday oh so special. You are the rock stars of my life and you really know how to make a gal feel like a million bucks.

I just had to share with you a few of the gifts destined for mi casa…

image



1. Oh, boy! Oh, boy! Not one but two trash-to-treasure coffee table books all of my very own! These pages are filled with ideas for recycling furniture and other home goodies, and I know the Rehabilitation Station will put them to immediate use. Thanks, Gran!

2.  Many moons ago when Eric and I were preparing to tie the knot, we registered for the Great White everyday dinnerware from Pottery Barn. Our friends and family were so kind to have decked out our cabinets with the full line—except the salad plates. I just took it as a sign that they figured us thin enough to bypass salads altogether.

Thanks to our good pals the Doose’s for equipping our kitchen with the long lost salad plates.

3. My sister, Jessica, must have the memory of a steal trap. Earlier this summer, while on a shop and sip outing in Hillcrest, we stumbled upon these cute lanterns at Box Turtle. Well, imagine my surprise when they turned up in a prettily wrapped birthday package. Thanks, J and congratulations again on the engagement!

4. Anyone who’s caught an episode of Sandra Lee’s Semi-Homemade knows just how crafty that pretty lady can get. I hope to catch a smidge of her genius as I enjoy a subscription to her magazine, courtesy of my in-laws. Thanks, guys!

5. My parents knew just what this birthday girl needed in her life—probably because they’ve seen first hand how many not-quite-lovely-yet-but-will-be-shortly projects I haul home. There’s nothing like a gift card to Hobby Lobby to move my to-do list along.


Also, my wonderful husband and I were able to celebrate my actual birthday in New York City, and I could not have had a better time. Thank you to Eric D. Wilkerson for a terrific time in the Big Apple!

-Cara

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP