4 Chartreuse beauties, a long bodied fellow and a ReStore convert

>> Friday, September 4, 2009

Let me set the scene for one of the loveliest afternoons of my life to date…

My saucy redheaded friend, Jessica Doose, gave me a ring to see if I wanted to grab lunch with her—okay, so it was more like a Facebook chat that just said “Hungry, lady?” I got the point.  

We decided on Boulevard Bread since without at least two caprese sandwiches per week, I do not feel complete. PLUS a Boulevard caprese sandwich is really one of those foods that you should only eat in front of good friends. Let’s face it. Gnawing through such tough, yet amazingly delectable, bread makes any girl look like a maniac werewolf in training. 


We lunched. We chatted. Could life get any better? The answer is yes, my friends!

Jessica mentioned that she wanted a new dresser for her bedroom and asked if I would mind accompanying her to the Habitat for Humanity ReStore to see what they had in stock. Say no more. 15 minutes later we were perusing the aisles of the ReStore, and sure enough, we immediately found her the perfect long boy of a dresser. AND since all furniture was 50% that day, she snagged this piece for just $25!

IMG_2704
He was will be perfect! With a little cleaning, painting and switching out hardware, this guy will be ready to make his premiere in the Doose abode.

I was so proud. Did J turn to Pottery Barn or IO Metro to meet her clothing storage needs? No—although for the record, both stores rock my socks. 

Now, you know me better than to think that I would step foot in this haven of diamonds in the rough and leave without a little treat of my own. So, I am excited to announce the Rehabilitation Station’s first ever upholstery makeover! For just $15 for the set, these ladies are going to look fabulous in fancy new clothes.

IMG_2702

Check back soon for the results of both Jessica and my furniture transformations. Happy living!

-Cara

4 comments:

The Doose's September 8, 2009 at 9:05 AM  

I can't wait to pick her up!!!! What a great post, the heat is on now to complete it within the week! Also, that means my clothes will be off the floor then.

Cara @ Live the Home Life September 9, 2009 at 11:53 AM  

I am just so excited that we were able to cram it in the back of the Pathfinder!

-Cara

Nicole,  September 22, 2009 at 2:16 PM  

I'm in for the next trip...Ben has a rather large Yukon that we can cram stuff into!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP