2 Design Dilemma Solved!

>> Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Don’t you just love it when a problem is solved when you aren’t even trying? For the past month, I have been debating over what to do with this fabulously free find of a desk that I hauled home last month. (Missed its story, then by all means, click here!)



This handsome fellow needs a facelift and Eric David Wilkerson needs a new desk. Perfecto! Rehab match made in heaven. On to the game plan.

First, I thought about sanding him down and staining the wood, but the pesky piece of laminate on top scratched that idea. So paint it is. But what color?

Oh my. Usually I am not a procrastinator, but Geez Louise, July flew by and our little desk was still at ground level. Poor guy, sweating it out in the garage collecting dust.

Until, I was doing a bit of blog stalking important research and stumbled across this photo on Urban Grace Interiors. The perfect blue-grey hue fell right into my lap!

desk color

The hardware, I’m kind of feeling but not 100% sure about. What do you think?


-Cara

2 comments:

Becky,  August 11, 2009 at 2:53 PM  

I really like that hardware, and GREAT paint color! Can't wait to see the final outcome!

Lela,  August 27, 2009 at 9:51 AM  

Well, I agree with you. I'm not crazy about the hardware. It reminds me of an old grocery store. I can see something more contemporary or completely vintage.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP