5 A Little LTHL Dialogue

>> Friday, December 3, 2010

IMG_4986 Gran’s phone number shows up way past her bedtime on my Blackberry. She’s up to something…


Cara: Hi, Gran.

Gran: Cara! Guess what?—I’ll tell you! My church selected me to light the advent wreath this Sunday!



Cara: That’s great, Gran.

Gran: Yes. It is great, and I want you to come watch. I look out at the congregation every Sunday from the choir and never see you, so this Sunday you can come watch me light the candle.

 



Cara: I’m not a member of your church but of course I would love to come watch you light the candle.



Gran: Good! And you can walk with me up to the front of the church to light it, too.

Cara: Oh, um, I can do that. Sure.



Gran: Good! And you will read something to the whole congregation while I light the candle.

Cara: Oh. Wait? What? Reading? What am I reading? I don’t know these people.



Gran: Yes, I volunteered you to read. Just speak loudly and slowly. We are all old you know.

clip_image002

5 comments:

Cindy @The Flipping Couple December 3, 2010 at 12:00 PM  

HA! That's fantastic. You'll have to let us know how it goes. : )

custardbydesign December 6, 2010 at 6:17 AM  

just wondering how you got on on sunday...

mc wife and i got to do a reading and light the candle at our church...

Cara @ Live the Home Life December 6, 2010 at 8:17 AM  

Oh goodness. It went well...they didn't throw any big words at me...and really nice to spend Sunday morning with Gran. Thanks for checking in on me :)

Cara

Unknown August 7, 2011 at 1:05 AM  

I am reading back through your blog and LOVE YOUR GRAN. Jus' sayin'.
Oh and I love all the recons too. Makin' my painting fingers itch you are. THANK YOU so much for great posts and inspiration. Its what this sleep deprived mama who used to have a brain needs. :)

Kathie

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP