2 Quarter Round Install How-To

>> Thursday, January 31, 2013

Back at it in the kitchen! You only thought you were free of my floor reno ramblings.

Last I left you, the tiles were freshly grouted, but one huge eyesore was keeping this floor from the finish line. Time to add quarter round along the edge of the baseboards.

IMG_6418IMG_6427

While I’ve heard rumors of some installing quarter round with a good old fashioned hammer and nail, a brad nailer and air compressor knocks this project out in practically no time. I found this 2” brad nailer on Amazon for around $40 and it has worked like a charm for my simple purposes.

IMG_6420IMG_6421


I was lucky enough to have a hand-me-down air compressor given to me a couple of years ago…

IMG_6423

…and the miter saw that I picked up as a little happy birthday gift for myself a few years ago.

IMG_6425

On to the cutting. I started in this corner where the laundry room door ends and cabinets begin. I had to add a small piece of new base trim before I could get started with the quarter round since my door demo got a little out of hand.

IMG_6426

I cut the quarter round at 45 degree angles where they met at the corner. The edge of the quarter round that ended where the door trim began, I cut at a 22.5 degree angle. Why 22.5? I seem to remember a DIY quarter round YouTube video that told me to do this, so I went with it. I’ve also seem tons of homes with quarter round cut straight at the edges.

image

A few pops with the brad nailer and these babies were secure.

IMG_6441IMG_6443IMG_6444IMG_6450



Next on the agenda: wood filler, caulk and PLENTY of paint.


Cara Signature

2 comments:

Anonymous,  May 7, 2013 at 6:34 PM  

What's up to every one, because I am truly keen of reading this website's post
to be updated on a regular basis. It includes
good material.

Feel free to visit my web blog; acoustic guitar a chord

Cadilac roofing December 18, 2021 at 9:58 PM  

With Cadillacs Roofing, you are guaranteed to get high quality products that will last with your new roof system. Cadillacs Roofing takes into account the many different variables that will help you have a longer lasting new roofing system when being inspected. With almost every roof being different, we analyze problem areas and come up with solutions meant to last.

One of the most important contributing factors to a long last energy efficient roof is ventilation. Cadillacs Roofing will install the appropriate ventilation in order to help you save money on your bills. With the right amount of insulation, and intake and exhaust venting on your roof you will feel the difference in your home after Cadillacs Roofing installs a new roof system.

At Cadillacs Roofing, we install one of the best shingles on the Canadian market. These shingles will not only protect your roof but make it stand out with the beautiful colour choices available. The roofing system installed by Cadillacs Roofing will raise the value of your home when a complete roofing system is installed.



Address: 37 Bankfield drive, Etobicoke Ontario, m9v2p7

Phone: (647) 877-3144

business email: info@cadillacsroofing.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP