1 Let There Be Light

>> Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Over the past year, much of my DIY life (and patience) has been dedicated to my kitchen. Let’s revisit the before pictures for giggles.

IMG_2110
IMG_2103
Oooooohhhhhh the good ole days of dark & dated cabinets, nonfunctional kitchen appliances, pink countertops and 40 year old linoleum floors (which are still hanging around). It’s no question that this kitchen has come a long way, but with a few mini projects left to conquer (including those dang floors), I’m getting down to the details. One such detail being the ridiculously dim overhead light that makes reading recipes after dark virtually impossible. Fortunately for me, this activity happens very rarely, but nonetheless, it was time for a change.

IMG_6172IMG_6175IMG_6174

Over the weekend, it was out with the old and in with the new. A fabulous little drum shade light fixture that I picked up on Amazon (click here to steal this look). I also covered the giant square hole in my ceiling left over from the removal of Mr. 1963 with a super simple ceiling medallion. Any possible way to avoid patching drywall is fine by me.
 IMG_6178IMG_6181

The light is installed, my kitchen in lighter and brighter and most importantly, one more nitpicky is crossed off the to-do list.

IMG_6186IMG_6199IMG_6190

Cara Signature

1 comments:

Home Decor December 17, 2012 at 5:48 AM  

Yours concepts good. We are also help you go to my site and get many amazing ideas.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP