6 The Making of a Man Den

>> Monday, November 12, 2012

My boyfriend is a trooper. This is the truth. Not once has he complained about moving into girl land. He even took the closet in the guestroom just so that I wouldn’t have to share my clearly-big-enough-for-two-people master bedroom closet. That, my friends, is L-O-V-E.

In return for his patience and acceptance of the pretty, girly home I’ve DIY-ed over the past few years, I wanted to “man up” the den a little. It’s no secret that floral curtains and lavender candles don’t go hand in hand with Monday Night Football.

First things first, I swapped out my girl-centric curtains for more man-friendly panels…

IMG_6077

And can anyone spot the compromise in this picture?

IMG_6084

A big old buck has made his way into the den. True confession: I painted this canvas for Michael last year for Christmas, so I was excited to have this little fella hanging on my walls, but manly nonetheless, right?

IMG_6076

And what’s more handsome than drawings of ships? These have been in the den for a while, but all Michael’s friends seem to think they are pretty cool when they stop by the house, so I take that as a sign of the man stamp of approval.

IMG_6078

All we need now is a kegerator and a stripper pole and this room will be a match made in man heaven but unfortunately, neither of those fit into my design scheme. Shucks.

IMG_6082

Cara Signature

6 comments:

Cara Beth November 13, 2012 at 5:01 PM  

Looks great! :) The bucks stop here!

sonya,  November 13, 2012 at 10:15 PM  

Looks great. I am interested in what color your walls are? Name and brand of paint if you still have it. Thanks

Meredith November 14, 2012 at 12:55 AM  

bahhahah - you just may come home to a stripper pole installed by michael's sweet plumber...i bet there is some extra piping he could spray paint silver and put up as a joke :) let's see how the boys react then.

Meredith November 14, 2012 at 12:55 AM  

and ps, please share your curtain find.

Cara @ Live the Home Life November 14, 2012 at 8:56 AM  

Thanks, Sonya! The paint color is Napery from Sherwin Williams.

Mere, that would be hilarious! The curtains are from good ol' Target.

Cara

Unknown November 27, 2012 at 8:51 AM  

I don't know how my boyfriend and I are going to deal with decorating when we have our own house. He's very much the lover of panoramic photos and I'm super minimalist.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP