4 The Ugly Truth

>> Wednesday, April 18, 2012

This post is about to get real, y’all. Really real. Normally I’m 100% candid with you on the progress of my house. The good. The bad. The ugly cluttered mess that tends to take over your life when you turn your house into a giant construction site…but there is one room in my house that I hardly ever give you a glimpse of out of pure embarrassment and fear that you’ll leave me for good: my laundry room.

With the actual kitchen portion of my great Kitchen/Laundry Room Remodel of 2012 coming to a close, I have no choice but to share the laundry room before pictures with you. I’m praying it’s been at least an hour since you’ve had lunch. Let’s do this.



Currently in order to enter my laundry room, you have to go out my kitchen door, into the carport and then into a separate door to my laundry room. If you think you’d be able to sneak into the laundry room in a bathrobe, wet hair and face mask without the neighbors catching you, from personal experience I can tell you that your assumption would be incorrect. Hence the need for a doorway connecting the kitchen to the laundry room from the inside of the house. Which is just what I have planned and you’ve seen me describe a hundred times on this very blog…from the viewpoint of the kitchen.

At Home_Apr 2012_15

Now let’s take a look at the viewpoint from the laundry room. Here we go. The laundry room in its current state.

Laundry Before_5Laundry Before_1Laundry Before_6

What’s that? Not too bad, you say? Let’s dig a little deeper. Aside from the obvious clutter and desperate need for a few gallons of paint, there is just one miserable saggy little shelf serving as the only storage space…

Laundry Before_8

A filthy floor covered in dirt and leaves. Trust me when I say that dropping clean underwear while unloading the dryer is not the highlight of my day.


 Laundry Before_13

A flathead screwdriver circa 1932 serving as the security system…

Laundry Before_9


A tangle of water hoses & electrical cords topped off with a sweet DIY foam insulation hack job…

Laundry Before_11
And a family of spiders that don’t know how to throw away leftovers.

Laundry Before_12

Now what was that you were saying?



clip_image002

4 comments:

Cara @ Live the Home Life April 18, 2012 at 4:43 PM  

Thanks, Jeff! I may put you on spider duty :)

Cara

Julie,  April 18, 2012 at 6:08 PM  

Can't wait to see what you do to it!

The Brewers April 20, 2012 at 3:54 AM  

It's so big though!!!! I'm so excited!!!! Oh the potential makes me giddy!!! Lol! Question: Since your laundry room was detatched, did your homes square footage include it? I guess my question is, is this making your house bigger? Certainly it's making it more functional and marketable!

Cara @ Live the Home Life April 20, 2012 at 8:25 AM  

I'm excited to get to work and yes, it will add a little more square footage to my house! Great question! Right now, my laundry room is not heated and cooled so it does not count towards to actual square footage of my house. However once it is accessible through my kitchen, I'll have around 100 more square feet. Woo hoo!

Cara

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP