4 This & That #6

>> Friday, June 25, 2010

Caterpillars like dill. True story…

IMG_6436IMG_6443 IMG_6444


My fingers are crossed that these guys creep you out as much as they do me, especially when they stick their orange feelers in the air and look at you like they are going to pounce on your face…

image 

Lucky for these Black Swallowtail caterpillars (fancy Google skills helped me out with that one) they eventually grow out of their ugly duckling stage…

image 


…So squish them, I did not, and these backyard friends lived to see another day—after being catapulted across the yard.

-Cara

4 comments:

Jill,  June 25, 2010 at 8:56 AM  

I am scared of caterpillars too! and any other types of insect, spider or small creature with lots of legs. hehe :)

Crazy Wienerdog Lady June 25, 2010 at 11:44 AM  

yeah don't squish them, then you wouldn't have purty butterflys! :)

Anna Kaye,  June 25, 2010 at 2:27 PM  

They also like parsley...beware!

Cara @ Live the Home Life June 26, 2010 at 4:48 PM  

Oh no! My parsley is right next to my dill! Guess I'll have lots of butterflies fluttering around my backyard soon. :)

-Cara

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP